The solar installation process may seem complicated, but at Solar Technologies we do our best to make it as easy and stress-free as possible. Our team of experienced technicians and energy consultants will guide you through every step of the process to ensure your solar energy system runs efficiently for many years to come. Plus, understanding the installation process and system ensures you get the most out of your solar panels while saving money and helping our environment.
Contact the Bay Area energy experts at Solar Technologies to learn more about your solar options and to start powering your home or business with clean, reliable energy.
How to Prepare Your Home For Solar Panel Installation Day
While your solar panel installation will be a convenient and hands-off home renovation experience, there are a few small things you can do to ensure the process runs smoothly.
Here are a few tips to prepare your home and family for the installation:
- Check with your contractor to make sure your roof is free of any obstructions such as tree limbs or satellite dishes before installation day.
- Solar panel installations can be noisy, so think about how the hammering might affect your daily routine.
- Create space in your yard and driveway for the installation team. Remove any decorations or outdoor furniture where they will be working. Relocating your vehicles so construction crews can park as close to your home as possible is also helpful.
The Installation Process: What Happens Next
Our Solar Technologies team will guide you through the installation process, answer any questions you might have, and address any concerns. From design to permitting to flipping the switch during your final inspection, we’re here every step of the way to ensure that your installation is smooth and hassle-free.
Here’s an overview of the solar system installation process so you can understand what to expect when you switch to solar.
Meet Your Energy Consultant
First, your Energy Consultant will schedule a solar consultation and site audit with you to review your energy needs and usage from the previous 12 months. They’ll also discuss your options for purchasing, leasing, or financing your new solar system and help you determine the right size for your system based on your specific energy needs.
Design Your System
Next, our team of experienced solar technicians will conduct a thorough site survey. During this process, they’ll inspect your electrical panel, evaluate the shading on your roof, and determine the ideal placement for your solar panels.
Once the site survey is complete, you’ll review and sign off on the agreement, and then the engineering department will take over to finalize your system design. Using the information gathered during the site survey, our team will create a custom solar panel system that’s tailored to your unique energy needs. The design process takes into account factors like roof orientation, panel tilt, and shading to ensure that your system produces the maximum amount of energy possible.
Permits and Paperwork
When it comes to installing a solar panel system, there’s more to consider than just the equipment and design. Permits and paperwork are a necessary step in the process, but dealing with them can feel overwhelming. The good news is, Solar Technologies takes care of it all! Our team will coordinate with your HOA, city or county, and PG&E to ensure all necessary paperwork is filed properly.
After your rooftop solar installation is approved, we’ll move on to the project management phase. Our team will keep you informed with updates on the progress of your project and work with you to schedule installation dates that work with your busy schedule.
The day you’ve been waiting for has arrived – installation day! In most cases, installation takes between 2-3 days to complete.
Here’s the process you can expect on installation day:
- On installation day, the Solar Technologies team will arrive to prepare the work site. They’ll select the ideal location for your panels, ensuring no shading or obstructions block the sun’s rays, and may set up scaffolding for easy access throughout the installation.
- Next, they will install the mounting system that provides the foundation for the panels. The system will be set at an angle, typically between 18 and 36 degrees, to maximize solar exposure.
- Once the mounting system is securely in place, the panels will be installed. The installation team will position and secure the panels on top of the mounting system using screws, nuts, and bolts. This part of the process can take 1-2 days to complete.
- Our technicians will then turn off your home’s electricity supply while they install the electric wiring to connect the solar panels. They will also install the solar inverter, which converts the solar energy into electricity that can power your home. Your home battery will also be installed at this time if you’re pairing it with your solar panel system.
- To track the electricity production, a meter will be installed, which will also monitor your home’s electricity usage. The system will be connected to the city’s electric grid to ensure power supply when the solar panels aren’t generating electricity.
Share the Savings: Help Friends, Family & Neighbors Save with Solar
Now that you’re enjoying the benefits of a solar panel system, why not share the savings with your friends, family, and neighbors? Not only can you help them save on their energy bills, but you’ll also earn some extra cash in the process.
Our referral program rewards our customers with a $500 referral fee for residential referrals and $1,000 for commercial referrals. By referring someone to Solar Technologies, you’re helping them make the switch to clean energy and making a positive impact on the environment.
Gain Energy Independence with Solar Technologies
As energy costs continue to rise in the Bay Area, it’s time to take control of your energy consumption and gain independence from traditional energy sources. As a leading provider of solar energy solutions in the Bay Area, Solar Technologies can help you save money while reducing your carbon footprint.
If you’re ready to power your home with solar, schedule your online appointment today to learn how much you can expect to save and to find the right solar loan for your energy needs.